Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sometimes you just have to mix things up. The kids went online to choose what they wanted for lunch (they think I run a restaurant : ) ). They came up with Simply Shrimp Fried Rice from Cooks.com. I had to make some changes, so this is what I came up with

Simply Shrimp Fried Rice Altered

1 ½ cups rice, cooked
20-25 shrimp (we used large, because that is what I had
1 red onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
2 eggs
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cloves garlic, minced
Soy sauce to taste
Sesame oil

Cook rice as directed.

In medium-sized frying pan, sauté onion, pepper, and corn in oil. Set aside

Sauté shrimp with garlic and oil. When cooked thoroughly, set aside with vegetables.

Scramble to eggs in pan. Chop eggs up. Add vegetables, shrimp, and rice. Shake in soy sauce to taste. Cook until thoroughly reheated.


It came out delicious. And I love when the colors blend. The purple, green, and yellow of the vegetables were absolutely beautiful. I love cooking with fresh produce. The kids were happy with it too and DS even ate the vegetables.

No comments: