Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Fight for the Remote - Reduce Channel Surfing

I remember now why single women have an advantage over married women. One of the things I hate is channel surfing. I hate rewatching shows for the 10,000th time. And worse than that, once I end up getting entranced in the show to change the channel before the climax of the show. Tonight, we were watching Ransom with Mel Gibson and just before Mel transferred the money at the bank and once again beat the daylights out of the kidnapper, DH had to suddenly check out the new Knight Rider.

This is not a first for DH. He has a certain protocol: Chuck Norris trumps Mel Gibson, but Clint Easwood trumps Chuck Norris, and they can all move over for Sharon Stone in The Quick and Dead. Apparently, you can never watch these movies too many times. However, there is no rule that you have to watch these shows in consecutive order and I don’t mean one show after the next. I mean one show from beginning to end. AGGGGGGHHHHHHH!



He knows that it drives me crazy. We have finally overcome his worst offense, which was to walk in the room and change the channel to whatever he wanted even if I was already sitting and watching a show myself, but I am not sure that I will be able to make a dent in these other habits. This is why you may hear me talk about movies when DH is traveling. It is one of the rare times that I can watch a movie of my choice from beginning to end.

No comments: