Monday, September 29, 2008

Dreaming of Christmas Cookies

I’m not sure why I am looking forward to the holidays. I feel broke and if I hear one more word about falling into an economic depression, I may fall into an emotional one. All our Christmas stuff is packed for the move and I can’t even find my corduroy pants or my turtlenecks. And since the house still has very little movement, I’m guessing we’ll still be here so I better start looking through the boxes I already packed(See, it doesn’t pay to be proactive.). And yet when I was at the grocery store, I picked up:




I am dreaming of a romantic old fashioned Christmas: lots of cookie making, yummy pies, warm fires. Of course given the financial times, Christmas may go way back in time. How do you think the kids will feel if I give them an orange for Christmas?

Is anyone else dreaming of the holidays?

No comments: