Thursday, August 21, 2008

Doing It All or Living an Inspired Life

I can often be hear singing, “I can bring home the bacon, fry it up in the pan, and never, ever let you forget you’re a man – ‘Cause I’m a woman.” I think it is from a perfume commercial when I was young. And yes I can do all these things. I can do it all, but you know what? I prefer not to!

Can I work full-time be a mom, homeschool, volunteer, keep the house, and cook dinner? Yes. Is it best for me? No! In fact, when I was trying to do it all, I emptied myself. My spiritual flame flickered low. I was moving through all the paces, but I was not living. Time was flying by but I didn’t feel like I was really experiencing it. I was clawing at the passing time trying to bring it back or at least mame it so it couldn’t move so fast.

When life changed and I was forced back in balance, my flame started glowing brighter than ever. Ideas began to flow. Time is slowing down to a savorable pace. Everyone is getting what they need from me (except possibly my pocketbook but I am working on that).

So for now, “My husband brings home the bacon, someone in the family (after I go grocery shopping) fries it up in the pan, and I’m awake enough to you feel like a man. ‘Cause I’m a woman (not a robot).”

No comments: