Friday, July 31, 2009

Show and Tell Fridays - Baskets

I am always impressed with people’s crafting skill and have always admired the workmanship that goes into their products. Often such loving detail comes at a high price, putting such beautiful work out of my financial means. However, I am very lucky to have acquired a few pieces that I think are exquisite.



These baskets which hang on my living room wall and sit in my entertainment center are made from white pine needles wrapped in sinew with other embellishments such as beads and feathers added to. The artisan happens to be my birth mother. I am sure as I continue to post on Show & Tell Fridays, you will see much more of her work as her pieces are tucked here and there in my house. With such a birth mother, I can only hope that my genes carry a small portion of her talent.

Show and Tell

8 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow, the baskets are lovely and how special to be hand made for you! Quite a talented lady.

Kelli said...

Such beautiful baskets! I can see a lot of hard work went into them!
~Kelli

Love Bears All Things said...

These are very special and I like how you've displayed them. I love having things about me which were handmade.
Mama Bear

MrsMomma said...

Beautiful baskets!

I have something for you at my blog here.

Susan said...

Absolutely exquisite baskets and work. I especially like the first one.
Susan

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Dawn...

Ohhh my...what beautiful baskets!!! I just love seeing this type of craftmanship...your birth mother is a talented lady! The basket is simply gorgeous and I love all the pretty feather embellishments! Thank you for sharing a part of your fabulous collection with us! I'm looking forward to seeing more of it...

Warmest wishes,
Chari

ItaJeff said...

Beautiful baskets. Thank you for sharing it here.
Have a great weekend.

♥Ita

Kayren said...

Those are very beautiful, unique baskets. Thanks for sharing them.