Thursday, July 23, 2009

Show and Tell Friday - Keys


I found these keys when hunting at the Brimfield Antique Show. I absolutely loved them and they were only $2 a piece. My husband laughs at me because I didn’t even try to negotiate with the man, but when you are in love, you do strange things. And I did not have the heart to tell my husband that I had seen similar keys in decorating magazines and contemplated buying them for far more than $6 for the set. Of course, my only mistake in this purchase was to buy them right off the bat, but I have learned that if you truly love something, buy it on the spot or you will regret it. But those buggars are heavy. My arms were aching about half way through the market. All that pain dissipated though once I got them hung on the wall.


If you want to join the show & tell, visit:

Show and Tell

14 comments:

Gee said...

Hi.

I also did the same thing. Never think twice when purchasing an item I loved. Those keys are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

when you love something, just buy with no regrets! I did the same thing too! in the name of LOVE! hehehe.. those keys are awesome! Happy Friday & have a great weekend

ItaJeff said...

I never think twice to buy something that I love, just like you did.. :-)
what a great & awesome keys you have.

♥Ita♥

Hootin Anni said...

...and they look great hanging on the wall!! What a deal $!!

My Show n Tell is all about blue glass. Come join me if you can find time, I'd love your company! And, have a super Friday.

Tina Leigh said...

I would not have haggled one bit either! I love them!

Kelli said...

I love keys and they look wonderful on your wall! I think you got a great deal on them, too!
~Kelli

Love Bears All Things said...

I know what you mean about not buying something and later regretting it. Happens to me quite often. Its never there when you go back. The keys look great on the wall.
Mama Bear

Cindy said...

I know here in tourist land you have to grab something when you see it or it is gone. Lovely on your wall
cindy

The Old Parsonage said...

Great find and I agree, buy while you see 'em.

Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime!

Enjoy!
Leann

Susie Homemaker said...

Very nice! I really like how they look on the wall...I think we have all done the same thing once or twice by buying the big stuff early...

Blessings,
Susie

Kayren said...

Those are really neat. I've actually never seen any like that, but I like them!

i cant decide said...

Those are nice. I like how they look on your wall.

Susan B said...

The keys look very nice on your wall. You are right that you should buy something you love right away! Thank you for sharing them.

GranthamLynn said...

Very cool what a neat find.
Thanks for sharing,
Sherry