Monday, September 28, 2009

Recipe - Tartar Sauce

Sometimes the simplest things bring the most delight. For dinner last night I made Kielbasa and cabbage sandwiches, but DS hates Kielbasa so as usual he made something else. He made fish sticks. What good are fish sticks without tartar sauce? But who uses that much tartar sauce and what else do you really use it for? So here is an easy recipe to make your own (Note: some of you may be laughing and saying, "Of course, I know how to make that. Who doesn't?" Well, the answer was me before my husband told me, so I thought there might be some other me's out there who might want to know).

Making your own tartar sauce is as easy as mixing mayonnaise and relish. I prefer Miracle Whip & sweet relish, but you can try out whatever you have. It is about a 1:1 ratio, but you can alter accordingly. Extra can be stored in the refrigerator.

I always love simple ideas that save me from buying more and use things that I always have on hand. I hope that this helps you too.

No comments: