Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Internet Safety

This weekend we were in a campground outside of Binghamton, NY. I have tried to be more careful about what I post when both for the safety of my family and our home. We are so quick to let our children know when they post information that is too personal or too identifying and yet we as adults do it all the time. Before we left, DD made some post on FB declaring our trip and I commented back, “Why don’t you just give them the keys to our home?” Thus, I thought the best of posting our trip on Blogger. While you have all become “friends”, I’m sure there are still a few lurkers too. So we should all be reminded of our safety.

Having said that, I did spend a wonderful weekend with my family camping at a campground. It is about a four hour ride to Binghamton, NY and we were very lucky not to hit any major traffic. While this weekend was actually my birthday, we went to celebrate my brother-in-law’s birthday. He was actually kind enough to include my birthday celebration too - - -even if he did age me an extra year in the decorations. One of the best part of the weekend, was watching my husband and DD kerioki to Ring of Fire. Everyone said that DH would not sing, but he surprised us all and I think made DD’s day – not that she would ever admit it. (Hopefully, I will have pictures to share soon – my other brother-in-law took them.)

We did come home Sunday instead of Monday, which was actually a good choice. That way we hit no traffic, had a day to relax and get things done around the house, and the shorter time with my MIL gave less option for something to go wrong. What did you do this wonderful holiday weekend?

No comments: