Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pre-Christmas Christmas

As many of my fellow bloggers are starting to mention Christmas (I know – this seems like sacrilege at this point in the year), I thought pre-Christmas may be more appropriate to celebrate. With the thought that Christmas is not really that far away, perhaps it is time to finish with the gifts from Christmas’ past. You know the gifts I mean: the ones that have too many parts or take time to put together. The kids opened them so eagerly, but then you put them aside to do “later”. Somehow though later hasn’t come and the item is still in the box tucked in a corner.

Yesterday, DS actually started me on this. He pulled out his Smithsonian Crystal Growing Kit.


With us moving, I could not have crystals growing here and there at the old house, so I put it aside. I’m not sure what inspired him to pull it out, but yesterday he pulled it out and we have begun our crystal growing experiment.



We did just one experiment yesterday, #8 “Emerald Green”, and expect to do more over the next few days. This inspired DD to pull out her Aqua garden fountain for which we will buy some seeds today.

As the credit card commercial says, “What’s in your wallet?” or in this case, “What’s in your closet?” Before the new season comes, perhaps it is time to use what we got before.

No comments: