Thursday, August 27, 2009

Garden Steps

We have this hill that has just been left array this year. I’m sure the butterflies, bugs, snakes, and rabbits enjoyed the disarray, but I can’t say that I love it. My brother-in-law let me know that it is ok to leave an area of your yard unmowed, but I find it UGLY, especially since it is in front of our house. Yesterday, a friend of mine posted about a catalog of perennials and I was inspired. Today, I got out and got dirty. I uncovered a set of stone steps that DS uncovered when he was mowing and I dug up both sides of the steps up for some hosta and lilies.


By no means is this project over, but I sure made a start. I think that I am also inspired to make an even bigger change there. I think this would be the perfect place for the garden a mix of vegetables, herbs, fruit bushes, and more perennials. The land is virtually unusable for anything else. It gets a good amount of sun and it is screaming for something to be done. So I have a lot more work ahead of me, but here is to a good start.

No comments: