Saturday, October 3, 2009

When are you most productive?

Oddly, I am most productive when my husband is not home. I don't know if is because I'm bored, because I have less to do, or because I'm free to do whatever I want; but, it is definitely true. When my husband travels:

  • I have been known to pull up on concrete walk and replace it with a stone walk
  • Repaint my living room, bathroom, bedroom and other various places
  • Pull down chair rail

My poor husband would wonder if he would recognize his house when he came home sometimes. In our new home, there is not so much a need to paint. Today, I opted to clean out the garage and ready it for winter. It is not so dramatic as repainting a room, but it surely will be more useful.

I had gone out to the garage to exercise on the bike, but as I rode and read (The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society), I looked around and like lightening hitting a rod. I knew exactly what I needed to do. I still want to find an old set of cabinets to put against the back wall, but for now I put up the 8' table and two saw horses with a piece of plywood. I rearranged the exercise equipment (this way I could be sure that it would be accessible). I put things away that were not in correct home. Finally, I swept it all out and stood back to admire my work. I better be careful though, perhaps DH will start planning trips to see what I can accomplish.

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

I go through spells. Sometimes when Andy is gone I get so much done. Other times when he is gone, I barely function. It depends on where in the timeline of him being gone I am...
I am much more faithful to stick to routines when he isn't around. Working out, homeschool group, blogging on a regular basis - all those get done when he is gone, and not always when he is home!