Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What we do for our children

I am sitting here looking through a magazine list to figure out what I am going to order. DD is selling them for her Girl Scout troop (you would have thought I got out of selling such things by homeschooling, but no they still find me).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE magazines. I LOVE getting them in the mail. I LOVE reading them. If I could afford it, I would order 100 of them. I would probably personally be responsible for the destruction of the entire Brazilian rain forest, but ugggh:

1. How do I narrow it down?
2. How do I afford such an expensive habit?

Some of the magazines that I most enjoy are Home Education Magazine (which is not on this list but should be), Consumer Reports, Taste of Home, Discover, National Geographic. What are your favorite magazines? How about for the kids?

P.S. Don't think my reading is all good. Lately, I have been addicted to People magazine which I've been reading like crazy at all the doctor's offices. Once upon a time I would snub my nose at people who read People, but it has become a bit of an obsession. Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone.

1 comment:

Andysbethy said...

I love Family Fun, and Parents and Highlights Jr for my kids. National Geographic Little Kids is really great too. My mom has gotten sucked into the People magazine vortex lately too. Cracks me up.