Saturday, October 31, 2009

Poetry Resource for homeschoolers

One of the really cool aspects of my job is that I get to hear some of the hottest info in education and get to see some of the newest / most interesting ideas for teaching. I will be sure over the next few months to let you know some of the info that I am privy too. The one I'm posting here today is certainly not break through but just cute. If you happen to be working with a student 7-13 on poetry styles, Scholastic has a game to introduce students to different poetry styles: Cinquain, Free Verse, Limmerick, and Haiku. It would probably only keep their interest for 20 minutes or so, but is a good intro / explination of these styles. Check it out and feel free to post any of your creations in the comments section.

No comments: