Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trimming the Fat From Life

Moving has been an interesting way to clear my plate and start again. It has been a good time to think about what I enjoy and how I would like to spend my time. No one here really knows us or has any expectations. So I can pick and choose as I like. So far, I have added two things:

1. Singing with the Old Sturbridge Village Singers
2. Joining the local book club

I may not be an excellent vocalist, but I really enjoy it. If you will recall, DD got me involved in our church choir about a year ago. With my passion revived, I did not want to give it up when we moved. A little web search me led me to the OSV singers. I’m really excited to get costumed this month. (Yes, this means that I am a wicked geek).

I also joined the local book club which has its first meeting that I will attend on Monday. I’m looking forward to the discussion. I am only about 1/3 of the way through the book, but I am enjoying the Alchemist. Who knows, I may even figure out my life’s plan by then too.




As for the rest, I’m going to try to take it on slowly. Trying to keep that delicate balance between finding interesting things to keep me busy and keeping myself busy so that I cannot do things of interest.

What activities can't you do without?
If you could start again, what would you continue / start? What activities would you drop?


Simple question - If you would drop or add them if you moved, what is preventing you from doing it now? Now only comes once in your life.

No comments: