It’s like when you go to the dentist and get reprimanded for not flossing enough. When you first get home, you pledge to floss three times a day. Then it falls to two. Who is near a place to floss in the middle of the day? Then, one; why floss in the morning? You haven’t even eaten anything. Then, I was too tired. Oh my goodness, my appointment is next week. You try to catch up, hoping your bleeding gums don’t give you away. But after the appointment, you are back to old habits. How do you keep up the good habits? How do you keep the tartar away and the teeth gleaming white and clean? For me:
- I need to figure out how to enfold myself into my life so that the deepest me is exposed and not buried.
- I need to say “no” more often.
- I need quiet to be me (sometimes).
- I need to stop being afraid.
- I need to stop thinking that I responsible for things beyond my control.
- I need to stop saying, "I'm sorry".
What do you need to brighten your smile?