Friday, October 10, 2008

Halloween Happenings

Inspired by Queen Bee and our first October showing, I’m going to go Halloween.

One of my DH’s favorite activities is carving pumpkins. If you knew my DH, this would truly surpise you, but DH gets into carving pumpkins, building gingerbread houses, and creating snowmen. Of course, if you do any of these activities with him, you will see his OCD emerge. We can’t just build a snowman, it has to be the perfect snowman with perfectly round proportional snowballs. You can’t just scrape a pumpkin; you have to remove any evidence of any seeds and sludge. You don’t just cut a simple face in your pumpkin; you carve a masterpiece. Here a few of the pumpkins that have graced our steps.



I guess it is time to start looking for new templets. DS loves to surf the web to find great templets. It is funny to watch him try to hold himself back when the kids carve.

I guess we should also start thinking of a costumes. Too bad there are no babies in our home, these are too cute:




After we get through the costumes, DH will prepare the yard. He always wishes that we could afford more goulish items, but he gets a big hoot out of placing spooky music playing from our woods.

Most of all, I hope it will just be good weather, because I am sure that it is my year to walk the block (again! I'm not sure what happened to the rotational system, but it broke down pretty early - - -I can only default by extreme illness).

Happy Halloween and thank you Queen Bee for getting me thinking.

No comments: