Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Complicated - A Movie Review

I was pleasantly surprised when my husband came home early last night.  I didn't expect him until 10:00, but he arrived a little after 7:00pm.  I had just turned a movie on, so I started it again so that we could both enjoy it.


I think we laughed almost all the way through it.  Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, and Alec Baldwin were a perfect cast. And they got the rating right on this one.  It is an "R" rating, but a real "R"  and not a quasi "X".  There was one butt shot and conversation I certainly would not want a young child to listen to, but all perfectly appropriate for an older teenager and adult.  This is my kind of movie laughter, slice of life, and relationships.  The only thing that would have made it a better movie night would have been a great glass of wine for me.  Instead, hubby and I popped Jiffy popcorn on the wood stove and had a cup of coffee.  (Did I mention we've been married for almost 20 years?)
 
So I highly recommend "It's Complicated" for you and your spouse, a group of women together, or a night when you are looking for something to do yourself.

No comments: