Saturday, February 12, 2011

Need to Know about how Physical Education Affects the Brain

During my exercise time last night I caught Need to Know on PBS.  Interestingly the topic was education (one of my favorite topics).  The story I picked up the broadcast on was this:



Watch the full episode. See more Need To Know.

Now obviously as a homeschooler, I'm not really too concerned about setting up a physical education program in my public school, but I think the basic science definitely crosses over to homeschooling.  First of all maybe this is one of the many reasons homeschoolers to score better because they are not glued to their seats for 6 -8 hours a day.  But I'm not looking to figure out why homeschooling is better, I'm looking to improve it and certainly this concept of physical education boosting scores and learning can be helpful.  We are pretty flexible as it is, but maybe I can encourage more breaks between lessons with exercise as the goal. 

Let me know what you think of this information and how you think we can adapt it to homeschooling?  Maybe you do already.  How does it work?  Specifically, how do you implement it?

No comments: